Peugeot offer a simple, one level extended warranty.
This is an insurance policy which is administered by Peugeot and underwritten by Motor Insurance Company. This falls under the jurisdiction of the Financial Services Agency (FSA).
The policy is laid out below and we suggest carefully considering the differences in cover between this and independent warranties before making a choice.
Cover is available for cars (or vans) with less than 80,000 miles on the clock and can be purchased in monthly or yearly durations from three months to thirty-six months.
We advise noting the following issues when considering any Peugeot extended warranty:
- How do Peugeot define ‘wear and tear?'
- Peugeot exclude ‘wear' and tear' but not define what they mean by ‘wear and tear' and therefore a check is essential. For example, if a part fails that has been gradual developing faults, will that be replaced under the warranty? We suspect not.
- In the warranty it is stated that ‘seat covers and cushions' are not covered - check to see if premature wear is considered.
- In the warranty, it is stated that the wheels are not covered - check to see if they are covered for premature corrosion.
- In the warranty, it is stated that water ingress is not covered. Check to see whether an item damaged by water ingress, say a door seal leak, would be covered.
- Exhaust systems are not covered. Check to see if premature corrosion would be considered.
We also advise making sure you know the period you need the car to be covered for. This will affect the price of independent warranties that you may want to compare with the Peugeot warranty.
Peugeot Dealer Prices
If you want to compare buying a warranty from an independent company to buying an extended warranty from Peugeot, or their dealers, the following example prices from Peugeot may help.
Remember to compare cover level with the alternative warranties using our summary table. The cheapest warranty may not be the best buy.
|Peugeot||207||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£229.00|
|Peugeot||308||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£249.00|
|Peugeot||3008||3 years||Up to 60,000, no excess||£249.00|
Prices correct at July 2012.
For further Peugeot car warranty details, and a warranty comparison to alternative warranty providers, please refer to our Peugeot Car Warranty Comparison Chart.
Terms & Conditions Summary
Read the key terms and conditions including covered parts and non-covererd parts: Peugeot Terms & Conditions.
The above information has been gained from the manufacturer's sales literature and press office, and is correct as of May 2012. Please contact us with any omissions or amendments.